Thursday, January 29, 2009

I miss him


Leon was a man filled with God's grace. He preached grace. He taught grace. And he modelled grace. He loved deeply and acted boldly. Thirty years ago God in His grace placed Pastor Leon in my life, changing forever the course of my life. He was a pastor who made me want to pastor. He loved the Lord. He loved the Scriptures. He loved people. Some time has passed now since he went home to heaven, and I find myself missing his phone calls, his insights, the faithful wounds of a friend, his humor.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post, Terry. Leon did have a profound influence on your life in so very, very many ways. It is truly amazing how by placing one person on our life's path, we are changed forever. Your journey from Seattle... to Vader... to winlock has impacted so many lives for jesus, and Leon entered your life along the way to encourage you to follow God. What a Blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to what Gary wrote!
    Sure wish you guys lived closer to us, or us to you! :-)

    ReplyDelete